Two months on from the announcement of the fund’s inaugural winner, the second Creative EDGE Award is open for applications. From now until 2pm on March 7, Scottish EDGE invites the country’s most innovative entrepreneurs from the creative sector to apply by completing the entry form at the competition portal and submitting a short video pitch.
An independent panel, comprising a number of Scotland’s leading business experts, will assess all applications before announcing the shortlist of participants invited to pitch live at the end of May.
Scottish EDGE CEO Evelyn McDonald is expecting big things from the latest group of applicants:
“We expect the standard of the competition to be high. I wish everyone applying the very best of luck and I can’t wait to see the exciting business ideas that come our way.”
All too aware of the pitfalls that some applying may encounter, Scottish EDGE is offering Application and Video Presentation Workshops across the country to help guide participants through what can at first seem like a daunting process. Details of the workshops can be found below.
Application and Video Presentation Support Workshops:
- 5th February 2018 (10am) in Inverness: with HIE – Register Here
- 8th February 2018 (10am) in Glasgow: with Strathclyde Enterprise Hub – For Strathclyde University staff and students
- 12th February in Lanarkshire: with Business Gateway – Link coming soon
- 16th February 2018 (10am) in Glasgow: with Tontine – Register Here
- 19th February 2018 (1pm) in Edinburgh: with Entrepreneurial Spark – Register Here
- 20th February 2018 (3pm) in Dundee: with Elevator – Register Here
- 20th February in Renfrewshire: with Business Gateway – Link coming soon
- 23rd February 2018 (10am) in Aberdeen: with Elevator – Register Here